This demonstration article originally published in Provenance the Electronic Magazine (now the Web Magazine) in December 1995 with information courtesy of Munters Moisture Control Services, Surrey, B.C., Canada, Branch Office.
- The Pioneer in dehumidification drying services.
- A Division of the global Munters Group.
When disaster strikes: Flooding - Fire - Broken pipes - Hurricanes or Storms, the MCS Advantage is there.
After earthquakes, floods, fires, or plumbing failures, Munters drying technology saves 30-70% of reconstruction costs. Munters prevents mold, mildew and dries deeply to ensure moisture problems do not recur.
After flooding receded at Albany State College, Albany, Georgia, Munters shipped 150 high-tech dehumidifiers to simultaneously dry 31 water damaged buildings.
Munters has the largest and most advanced fleet of water damage recovery equipment in the world. Large Munters dehumidifiers can extract more than 800 gallons of water from water damaged materials each day
How Munters high-tech drying helps building owners recover and insurers control losses!
Click on thumbnail for full (103 kb.) image. Today, Munters high-tech dehumidifiers have revolutionized recovery from water damage. Less than ten years ago, building interiors were routinely gutted and rebuilt after water damage. Modern advancements, pioneered by Munters Moisture Control Services, the oldest and largest company of its kind--now save millions of dollars in recovery costs and allow buildings to remain open or reopen safely much sooner.
- Drying takes days or weeks. Reconstruction means months of disruption and usually a business must move out of the building.
- Files and books can be returned to usable condition, sometimes saving irreplaceable materials and records.
- Computers, furniture and other equipment can be dried at the site saving moving expenses.
- Hardwood floors can be saved. "Memory" in wood allows swelling, buckling and "cupping" to be reversed.
- Specialized techniques are used to force dry air into walls, drying them thoroughly inside and out. Sheetrock insulation inside walls, plaster, masonry, and wood can be restored to normal conditions.
Sheetrock "wicks" water upward. Rooms with 4 inches of flooding may have 30 inches of water damage to the walls.
- High volume desiccant dehumidifiers pump extremely dry air into water-damaged buildings. The dry air attracts water molecules trapped inside building materials and is then expelled.
One dehumidifier in one day can remove 900 gallons of moisture from building contents and structural materials.
- Basements, where flooding is typically the worst, can have special problems. Moisture may be trapped inside concrete blocks or held deep in the masonry itself.
- Drying a water-damaged building can reduce the cost of recovery 70% to 30%, commonly saving hundreds of thousands of dollars for owners and insurers.
| A temporary drying facility for files and documents.
Monitoring moisture in x-ray records & file documents
For more information - 24 hours 7 days a week - contact us at:
- MOISTURE CONTROL SERVICES - MUNTERS CORPORATION
16 Hunt Road, Amesbury, MA 01913
TEL:  388-4900
TEL:  422-6379
FAX:  388-4939
- IN CANADA OUR WEST COAST MCS OFFICE IS AT:
- Munsters Moisture Control Services
24 hour 7 day a week emergency service
TEL:  574-5316
Home Page |
Top of Page ]
Reprint update 3/26/97 Webmaster
Demonstration design Copyright © 1995 - Tony Yau, & Neal Chan for Provenance E-Zine
and Copyright © 1995 Munters Moisture Control Services for images and text