PROVENANCE: Volume 1, Number
1 - Jan. 05, 1995
SPECIAL LIBRARIES ASSOCIATION NEWS
- The following section is designated for any news and announcements member organizations of the Special Libraries Association wish to have posted.
- The inclusion of information from library organizations on this page in no way implies their recommendation or support of The Provenance Electronic Magazine.
- This is a public service project sponsored jointly by this magazine and Internet Gateway Corporation
Special Librarians manage the art of juggling many hats with style.
This section is dedicated to "special librarians" everywhere.
SLA's 1996 Winter Education Conference
"Technology and Tools in the Information Age"
January 28-30, 1996
at the Stouffer Tower City Plaza Hotel
in Cleveland, Ohio
Learn new technology trends from experts in the library and
information profession during this information showcase!!!
Offered annually, this three-day event includes:
- a variety of half-day
- full-day courses,
- technology-related exhibits and
- demonstrations of the newest products and services designed to
enhance your special library needs.
- In addition, you will have an opportunity to network with other information professionals.
For more information
- Contact Tracy Lofty, SLA's Manager of
- Phone (202) 234-4700, ext 649 or
- Internet e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- To receive a brochure, please provide your postal mailing address.
Special Libraries Association
The above announcement originally posted in a number of Internet Listservs and is reposted on this site with the permission of Tracy Lofty. 12/30/95
The Pharmaceutical Division Spring Meeting is scheduled for March 6-8, 1996 at the Mark Hopkins Hotel in San Francisco, California so mark your calendars!
The theme of this year's meeting is "Re-engineering Library and Information Services".
- Activities include:
- Bonnie Snow's (Knight-Ridder) recently updated, all-day, continuing education course on "Drug and Pharmaceutical Information Resources"
- A tour of the Genentech library
- Presentations from Division members and your colleagues on their experiences in re-engineering library services:
- Margaret Norman (Astra-Merck)
- Dale Stanley (Amgen)
- Eugenia Prime (Hewlett-Packard)
- Pamela Jajko (Roche Bioscience)
- Cynthia Meisner (Ethicon Endo-Surgery)
- 1/2 day session taught by Gail Clement (Library Solutions) on: the Internet as it applies to pharmaceuticals and drug development
- A tour and dinner at a local vineyard, Mirassou
- 1/2 day session taught by George McGregor (Chiron) on Basic Immunology
The meeting will provide an excellent opportunity for Division members to learn from their colleagues, network, receive special attention from vendors, and to attend practical and useful continuing education courses.
The cost of this event will be:
- $150 (Pharmaceutical Division members)
- $200 (for other SLA members and non-SLA members) for all three
- Other pricing options are available for individuals interested
in attending only one or all continuing education courses, or only the meeting.
For more information, questions, or the complete program brochure, please contact me:
| Provenance Home Page | Net Sites Sampler | Top Of Current Page |
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Voice: 716 / 887-3637 or
- Fax: 716 / 887-7662.
Hope to see you there!
SLA Western Canada Chapter News
In this picture, Jane Dysart, President of SLA International talks with Grace Makarewicz, President of the SLA Canada Western Chapter (just before a dinner meeting with SLA members) in Vancouver, B.C. on October 20, 1995.
Internet Gateway Corporation - Corporate Sponsor
Copyright © 1995 NetPac Communications Ltd.